Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things are happening. . .





It has been interesting to catch up with my Nana, Ruth McClean, and great aunt Jeanette Kayes, over the Christmas break.  I'm hoping to meet with them for a spot of filming in Titirangi in January.
Ruth says she will write notes for me about her time as a child at Lopdell.

Maybe Bruce and Trixie were right and it really warrants a publication in its own right.  All in all it's just wonderful that my Nana can remember some stories.  Jeanette says she was too young, but I wonder if being there in the building will jog her memory.

I also met Rachel at the library who worked there when it was a restaurant.  So I'll be going back to visit her for a chat.

I have been given a contact at the Kelston Deaf education Centre who was a student at the Lopdell house school for the deaf in the 50's.   I hope she can tell me a few things in the new year as well.


So, pretty busy,
luckily we have a pretty good structure to work from.

Speaking of structure : The booth is on its way.  At least I have found a tent to use as a basis for its eventual incarnation.

And my partner has cleaned out the garage in preparation for some constructing. . . .

Also the poster is developing little by little.

Right, over and out there's plenty to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment